What is Tot Drop?
- A church ministry offering on-site, developmentally appropriate childcare programming for infants and preschoolers
- Open to the community (Pre-registration is required)
- Use it when you need it: morning and/or afternoon
- Fun for kids, flexible childcare to help parents
- Staffed by professional childcare providers
When is Tot Drop?
- Operates Monday-Friday, 8am,-5:30pm. You can use it in 3 hour sessions or for full day care
- The program year begins in September and ends in August. This is a year round program with occasional closings for holidays or for facility maintenance
- Check the Schedule of Closings for dates
Where is Tot Drop?
- Located in the crib, toddler and "3 and up" rooms (8B, 9B, 4B), downstairs in NPC's Christian Education wing
How do I reserve a spot?
What do I need to begin?
- Completed registration form
- A Connecticut Early Childhood Health Assessment Record, completed by you and your pediatrician. This includes an updated immunization record
- Completed emergency card
- Payment of administrative fee and prepaid Tot Drop sessions
What should I bring?
- Diaper bag, "sippy" cup or bottle, snack, diapers, wipes, and change of clothes. Please no juice boxes or snack baggies. Plastic containers only
- For napping children, bring a crib and a blanket, comfort object if needed (no other toys from home, please!)
- Label everything individually with an indelible marker or masking tape labels. This is very important!
- If your child will be with us between 12pm and 1pm, you should also bring lunch. We are a "nut-free" environment due to allergies. Please do not bring peanuts (including peanut butter) or any tree
What do children do at Tot Drop?
- Child care providers facilitate play with toys, manipulatives, dolls, dramatic play centers, climbing equipment, puzzles, balls, blocks, books, art activities, and music
- Toddlers do a craft project each day
- Tot Drop has its own playground. Children play outside, when weather permits, and safety is insured
- Music and movement games are played to encourage physical activity
- Plus, there will be other children to play and socialize with
What if my child is sick?
- We want to provide a healthy environment for all children! To cancel due to illness, please call 203-655-1451 ext. 46. If we can fill the reservation from our waitlist there is no charge; if Tot Drop is NOT notified of the pending absence, there may be a full charge for the missed reservation (See policy in Parent Handbook)
- Children need to be symptom and fever free for 24 hours to attend Tot Drop
What does Tot Drop cost?
NPC Tot Drop operates Monday-Friday 8am-5:30pm. You may choose from the following:
Morning Session (9am-12pm): $40 session fee
Afternoon Session (1pm-4pm): $40 session fee
All Day Sessions:
8:30am-5:30pm (Extended Day): $75 for families booking regular, weekly, year-round day care
9am-4pm (Full day): $80 session fee
Hours can be added in addition to a Morning, Afternoon or Full day session above, but cannot be used without your child already participating in a session:
Lunch Hour (12pm-1pm): $15 fee
Morning Hour (8am-9am): $15 fee
Evening Hour (4pm-5pm): $15 fee
Administrative Fee: $50 per child; the fee is non-refundable and is renewed each September for the following year.
Contact Phone Numbers
For more information, please contact the Tot Drop Director, Carol Scott, at 203. 655.1451, ext 46.
Or Administrative Assistant, Claire Bragdon at 203-655-1451 ext 40.
Inclement Weather Closings?
Tot Drop follows the Darien Public School system for closure due to snow or other weather emergencies. For a school delay, regardless of length, Tot Drop will open at 9:30am.
Listen to Connecticut radio stations such as FM: WEBE 108 and STAR 99.9 or AM: WSTC 1400, WNLK 1350, and WGCH 1490; or TV Channel 12 CT, to get timely information aboout school closings.